Day 1 – Monday 28th September 2020
- The mining sector in Jordan: current prospects and new opportunities.
- Investment incentives to encourage the exploitation of Jordan’s mineral resources.
- A geological overview of Jordan’s mining and mineral wealth.
- Successful case Studies of investments in Jordanian mining and minerals. Keynote Speaker:
– H.E. Hala Zawati, Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Keynote Speaker:
– Engr. Khaled Alohali, Vice President, Corporate and Strategic Affairs, Saudi Arabian Mining Company, Ma’aden
- Overview of the Nigerian mining sector in 2020. (NIMEP).
- New developments under the Nigerian Integrated Mineral Exploration Program (NIMEP).
- Diversifying the Nigerian economy through the mining sector.
- Artisanal mining in Nigeria: opportunities, and challenges. Keynote Speaker:
– H.E. Arc Olamilekan Adegbite, Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Nigeria
– Dr Abdulrazaq A Garba, Director General, Nigerian Geological Survey Agency
– Nasiru Wada, Chairman, Small scale and Artisanal Miners Association of NigeriaModerator: Mark Kenwright, Associate Director, Wardell Armstrong
– Daniel Marsh, Senior Exploration Geophysicist, SRK Consulting
– Oliver Bayley, Senior Exploration Geologist, SRK Consulting
- The mining sector in Morocco: new regulations and investment opportunities.
- Development strategy for the Moroccan mining sector.
- Junior exploration companies focused on base and precious metals in Morocco.
- Successful case study of a potash project in Morocco. Speakers:
– Abdelaali Lefdaoui, Director of Mines and Hydrocarbons, Ministry of Energy Mines and the Environment, Kingdom of Morocco
– Mustapha Chaib, Director of Mining Exploration, ONHYM
– Jed Richardson, CEO, Trigon Metals
– Maurice Giroux, Vice-President Exploration, Stellar Africa GoldModerator: Yassine Belkabir, Managing Director, AB Mining Consultants
- Jane Joughin, Corporate Consultant for ESG, SRK Consulting
- The UK Government’s approach to mining in Africa.
- Major producers operating in Africa and their approach to responsible mining.
- Mining and ESG in Africa: a box ticking exercise, or disruptive trend?
- Women in mining in Africa: improving the gender lens of the sector Speakers:
– Emma Wade Smith, HM Trade Commissioner for Africa, Department for International Trade
– Froydis Cameron-Johansson, Group Head of International and Government Relations, Anglo American
– Jacqueline Musiitwa, Director, Kalene Hill ResourcesModerator: Julie Vaughan, Senior Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills
– Jane Joughin, Corporate Consultant for ESG, SRK Consulting
- Developing sustainable, profitable and advanced Arab Mining Nations
- The Geological potential of the Arabian Nubian Shield
- Outlook for gold in the Arab world and Africa Speakers:
– Tarek Alkhoury, Regional Coordinator, UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
– Chris Bargmann, Principal, Sodor Geosciences Ltd
– Mr Adam Webb, Director of Mines Supply, Metals FocusModerator: Moderator: Hussein Allawi, Chief Executive Officer, Frontier Exchange
Day 2 – Tuesday 29th September 2020
- Investment flows into Global Mining: Key Drivers.
- Optimism or Caution: projections for the industry in 2019 and beyond.
- Electric vehicles, battery storage and renewable energy: how can Africa and the Arab World contribute?
- Key requirements for capital raising: what do investors look for in a project? Panellists:
– Peter Ruxton, Co-founder & Chairman, Tembo Capital
– Michel Labrousse, Managing Partner, Mazarin Capital
– Michael Bingemann, Senior Associate, Resource Capital Funds
– Marco Roque, Director, Emerging Markets CapitalModerator: Matthew Gordon, Founder, Crux Investor
- Mining in Senegal: new exploration projects in gold and other base metals.
- Case studies of projects that have moved into production.
- Partnership models with international investors: exploration and production sharing contracts.
- Environmental and Social Codes: benefits of mining for Senegal and its communities. Keynote Speaker:
– Hon. Aissatou Sophie Gladima, Minister of Mines and Geology, Republic of Senegal Speakers:
– Amadou Camara, Director General, MIFERSO
– Martin Orji, Board Director, Nex Rubica Capital
– Speaker from Teranga Gold TBCModerator: Hussein Allawi, Chief Executive Officer, Frontier Exchange
– Bert Koth, Managing Director & Partner, Denham CapitalIn conversation with Matthew Gordon, Founder, Crux Investor
- Advancing Your Exploration Project: Data, Fieldwork & Targeting
– Speaker from Aurum Global Exploration TBC
- Advancing Your Exploration Project: Data, Fieldwork & Targeting Speaker:
– Speaker from Aurum Global Exploration TBC
- Seeking out Arab and African talent: local community outreach and content policies.
- Women in Arab and African Mining: benefits of building a diverse workplace.
- Changing the perception of mining: promoting transparency, inclusion, and accountability.
- Who should take the lead in promoting diversity? Financial institutions, governments, or mining companies? Panellists:
– Mr. Patrick Ojeka, Director of ASM, Ministry of Mines and Steel Development, Government of Nigeria
– Ms Monica Gichuhi, Founder of Women in Mining Kenya
– Christelle Kupa, CEO, Uhusiano CapitalModerator: Dr Stacy Hope, Head of Global Outreach, Women in Mining UK
– Namrata Thapar, Global Head of Mining, IFC
Day 3 – Wednesday 30th September 2020
- Future Tech: unaffordable luxury, or necessary driver for higher efficiency and lower costs?
- Identifying key technology requirements of Arab state-owned companies and producing mines.
- Case studies demonstrating ROI on cutting edge technological solutions.
- Showcase Technology Solutions: Internet of Things, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Analytical Laboratories, Aerial Vehicles, Drones, Automation and Remote Control in Extraction and Exploration. Speakers:
– Dr Jassim Hajji, President, Artificial Intelligence Society Bahrain
– Tom Pratelli, Training and Support Consultant, Micromine
– Speaker from Bellgeo TBC
- The current state of mining in Guinea: new exploration and production opportunities
- Developing Guinea’s iron ore and gold reserves.
- Government projects and incentives to promote further investment in iron and gold.
- Downstream opportunities within metals and mining. Keynote Speaker
– H.E. Abdoulaye Magassouba, Minister of Mines and Geology, Republic of GuineaSpeakers
– David McIlroy, HM Ambassador to Guinea
– Additional speakers TBCModerator: Antony Benham, Principal Consultant, SRK Exploration Services
- Recent macroeconomic and investment reforms for the mining sector.
- Zimbabwe’s geology and prospectivity: mining potential and investment opportunities.
- Zimbabwe’s Mining Sector Development Plan.
- Capital markets in Zimbabwe: an effective route to raise mine finance. Panellists:
– Justin Bgoni, CEO, Zimbabwe Stock Exchange
– Roy Pitchford, Director, Contango Holdings PLC
– Sam Hosack, Managing Director, Prospect Resources
– Prejelin Naggan, CEO, Khanda Capital
- How can mining contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- Mining and Socially Responsible Investment: does the sector risk becoming an investment wilderness?
- Energising the local workforce and enhancing human capital.
- Action or non-interference: Should mining companies have an obligation to ensure revenues paid to hosts be used for sustainable economic development?
- ESG requirements for private and listed investment. Speakers
– Kate Southwell, VP & Senior Legal Counsel, Pala Investments
– Nkiru Chiemelu, Senior Manager, Global Operations, UN Global Compact
– Ignacio De Calonje, CIO, Global Energy & mining, IFC
– Aidan Davy, Chief Operating Officer, ICMM
– Wendy Tyrell, Executive Director, Development Partner InstituteModerator: Meg Kauthen, Sustainability Designer, Business for Development